Understanding Managed Connectivity Services
You’ve heard about Software as a Service (SaaS), but what about connectivity as a service? Managed connectivity services have become extremely popular (and necessary) over the past several years as business connectivity becomes a point of emphasis for growing organizations that are conscious of the importance of efficiency and security.
The question is, what are business connectivity services? And what specific benefits do companies enjoy when they partner with one of these companies? Read on to discover the answers to these questions and more.
What are Managed Connectivity Services?
Managed connectivity services refer to a set of services offered by a third-party provider that manage and maintain the connectivity of an organization’s network, like:
- Configuring network devices
- Monitoring network performance
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues
Essentially, the goal is to provide organizations with a way to outsource overseeing their network infrastructure to a specialized provider, allowing them to focus on their core business operations. This can help your organization save time and resources, while ensuring your network always runs at optimal performance.
Why are Managed Connectivity Services Important?
Now that we’ve covered the “what” of managed connectivity services, let’s dive into “why” they’re important. Here’s seven reasons why business use connectivity services:
1. Improved Network Performance
Providers have the expertise and resources to maintain and optimize the performance of a business’s network, ensuring that it is always running at optimal levels.
2. Increased Security
Providers can help a business implement and maintain robust network security measures, including things like firewalls and intrusion detection systems that proactively deflect cyber threats. In an online world where cloud threats are only growing, having extra layers of security in place can save your business from being compromised.
3. Cost Savings
Outsourcing network management to a provider can help a business reduce costs associated with maintaining in-house IT staff and infrastructure. When you consider the cost of paying full-time IT staff, this can potentially save businesses tens of thousands of dollars per year in salary costs alone. (Not to mention employee benefits and other ancillary expenses.)
4. Increased Flexibility
Managed connectivity services can be provided in a variety of ways, including on-premises, in the cloud, or as a hybrid solution, offering a business more options to choose from to meet their specific needs. This makes it the perfect option for both established companies and startups alike.
5. Around-the-Clock Support
Providers typically offer 24/7 monitoring and support, so a business can have peace of mind knowing that their network is being monitored and any issues will be addressed quickly.
6. Industry Expertise
Providers have the knowledge and expertise to manage and maintain the network infrastructure. This can ensure that the network is running efficiently and effectively, thus freeing up the business to focus on core activities.
7. Scalable Solutions
Providers can offer flexible service plans that can be easily scaled up or down as a business’s needs change, allowing a business to quickly adapt to changes in demand. Rather than having to hire or fire employees when demand changes, you can just upgrade or downgrade your service to accommodate your fluctuating needs.
As your business grows, so does your need to increase tech capacity. Luckily, with the help of an MSP, it’s never been easier to scale digital infrastructures.
How to Find the Right Managed Connectivity Service for Your Business
Finding the right managed connectivity service for your business can be a challenging task, as there are many different options available. Here are some steps you can take to help you find the right provider for your business:
- Assess Your Business Needs: Identify the specific network and connectivity needs of your business, including the types of applications and services that need to be supported, and the number of users that will be accessing the network.
- Research Providers: Research different providers and compare their services, pricing, and customer reviews. There are dozens of competitive options in the industry, though not every partner will be a good fit for you and your specific needs. Look for providers that have experience working with businesses similar to yours.
- Check for Certifications and Compliance: Make sure that the provider you are considering is certified and compliant with industry standards, such as ISO 27001 for information security management. These certifications aren’t just important from a compliance standpoint, they’re integral if you want to support your business with the right best practices.
- Compare Service Level Agreements (SLAs): A good provider should offer a wide range of support options, including 24/7 monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance. Review the provider’s SLA to understand the level of service and support that they offer.
- Don’t Overlook Flexibility: Make sure that the provider can accommodate your business’s growth and changing needs, and that they can provide different deployment options, such as on-premises, cloud, or hybrid.
At the end of the day, connecting with suppliers, customers, and other business partners is essential to long-term success of your business. And this all starts with having a reliable connection behind the scenes.
Better Manage Your Connectivity Services With the Help of First Class Connection
At First Class Connection, we’re proud to deliver comprehensive connectivity solutions and managed connectivity services. Our internet speeds deliver exceptional user experience and give our clients a competitive edge. We also specialize in industry-leading security that keeps you safe and protected.
Want to learn more about how we can help you grow your business (and peace of mind) with the right solutions? Contact us today and we’ll be happy to chat!