The Importance of Managed Firewall Services
Online business security is no small matter, regardless of whether you run a small start-up or Apple. Firewalls help protect these businesses from external threats that could potentially infiltrate and access sensitive information. However, maintaining these firewalls takes considerable effort. This is why managed firewall services are so helpful, but what are they, and how can they help?
This article will cover the importance of utilizing them for your company, as well as many other useful tips, including:
- What are managed firewall services?
- The benefits of managed firewall services
- Does your business need managed firewall services?
- What to look for when choosing a provider
What Are Managed Firewall Services?
Firstly, a firewall is a computer-based security measure that blocks access to those without authorization when added to your network. These safeguards can prevent cyberattacks and hackers from gaining access to a business’ personal information and keep employees from accidentally stumbling onto websites that could potentially steal that information.
However, firewalls require a fair bit of regular maintenance to remain in optimal working condition. Without the proper management or skills, they risk potentially being breached and letting your vital information fall into the wrong hands.
Managed firewall services, on the other hand, take care of your firewall security for you. Professionals will monitor, configure, maintain, and update your personal firewall without you needing to lift a finger. The only significant difference between a standard and managed firewall is that with the former, you can expect to run it entirely on your own. In contrast, a managed one is handled for you by an outsourced professional.
Understanding the ins and outs of a managed firewall can be confusing. Learn more about the complexities of network security and how a managed firewall protects businesses here:
The Benefits of Managed Firewall Services
Having managed firewall services can be highly beneficial, but what key advantages make them desirable for businesses? Here are some of the main benefits:
- Time-saving: Managed firewall services are excellent for saving your company time that would otherwise be spent maintaining and updating its security. When an outside source is taking care of things for you, you can put more resources into other areas of your company.
- Professional expertise: Managing a firewall requires a particular set of skills and knowledge. However, with firewall services, you can rest easy knowing that the people keeping your data secure are the best in the business.
- Consistent updates: Firewall services are tasked with consistently updating your network security to ensure the latest digital threats don’t breach your security.
- Quick Actions: With a dedicated team tending to your network security, any threats or alerts can be quickly dealt with.
- Adaptable: Firewall services are incredibly flexible. They make a point to customize internal systems to meet your company’s wants and needs. Doing so guarantees that your network security is specified to your liking and that you only pay for the features your business requires.
- User-friendly: Managed firewall services are generally more user-friendly than standard firewalls. Managed interfaces are simple, approachable, and easy to use.
- Cost-effective: Paying for an in-house IT team can be expensive. Hiring a service to manage your network security yields excellent results and is often much cheaper than the cost of employing an internal team.
Does Your Business Need Managed Firewall Services?
There are many benefits to be had from using managed firewall services, but how can you tell if your business truly needs them? Some may be able to get by with an internal team, and others might desperately need external assistance, but using firewall services is certainly helpful—regardless of each company’s situation.
Here are some indicators that your company might require them:
- You’re looking to cut costs: Internal IT teams can be expensive, and hiring an external team to manage your network security could be an excellent way to reduce costs.
- Your company lacks an internal IT team: Managing a firewall can be next to impossible without an internal IT team. If you don’t want to worry about hiring an internal team but need your network to be secure, you might need firewall services.
- You’ve recently undergone cyberattacks: Hacks, threats, and cyberattacks that have managed to breach your security could be a sign that you need to beef up your firewall. Regardless of the reason, firewall services ensure that these attacks don’t occur.
- You’ve got an outdated security system: Whether due to a lack of skill, time, or staffing, an obsolete security system is susceptible to threats. In hiring firewall services, your systems will always remain updated and ready to block unwanted access.
What to Look For When Choosing a Provider
The only possible downside to hiring managed firewall services is that you relinquish access to your network security to a third party. This should be apparent, as paying another service to manage security for you is the point, but it’s still imperative that you know what to look for when hiring a service provider.
Look for services with ample experience that proves they have the skills and knowledge to get the job done. Because security awareness is important, a provider should also be trustworthy enough to relay sensitive information. Most importantly, working with a team intent on providing the best quality work and customer service guarantees that you can work through just about any problem.
Does Your Business Need Managed Firewall Services? First Class Connection is Here
For nearly a decade, the First Class Connection team has provided companies and organizations with top-notch telecommunication services, essential technological tools, and continued support. By offering clients 32 cost-effective methods and tools tailored to solve their specific needs, no other telecommunications service works quite like First Class Connection.
If you’re ready located in Florida, Nevada, Texas, Tennessee, or California and need a trusted professional to manage your internal security, let First Class Connection be your firewall services expert—we’re here to help.